Sunday, November 25, 2012

Just one more week of school

It's currently 2:42 am as I write this blog post so I will probably ramble and some sentences might not make sense. I just had a large Coca Cola so that's why I can't sleep. I haven't drank pop in so long until recently, where I've been getting lazy and cheap as it's stupid that you have to pay extra for water when ordering food that comes with a drink.... ANYWAY, guess I'll have to go running lots after this insanely busy week to make up for it.

So yeah, there's only one more week left of school for this semester and I'm getting a bit nervous, actually scratch that, I'm getting extremely nervous for a few reasons..

1. Lots of stuff is Due!

I don't want to bore you with the details but there's major projects and presentations due this last week and it's like a fight to get it all done. I accomplished a lot this weekend but I feel like I could've done more, I think it's just my obsession for perfection kicking in.

2. Not sure how I feel about next semester...

I am taking 5 classes, 1 is online, but it's still 5 classes, the first semester is not even over yet but I am getting extremely worried about next semester. I will pretty much no longer be with any of my first year friends which when I think about it is going to be kind of sad, and if I really think about it, I'll probably not be in any of their classes in the future either since I AM a transfer student and I am suppose to be going through everything at a much faster pace. EMO Moment Warning: Which totally sucks because I feel like the further I get into this program the less people I'll know since people tend to hang around with people they already know especially after first year... Forever alone!

On top of that I am being forced to take not 1 but 3 math classes, 1 to upgrade my math so I can take another math upgrade class, then finally the actual math class I need for my degree. I suck at math, not sure how I'm going to pass 3 of them. This has resulted in me seriously doubting my decision to move here and attempt SFU, it's already been a lot harder than I had expected so I'm not too sure how much more I can take. So yeah, I have been thinking about moving back to Calgary to finish my Communications degree which requires no math and then take a marketing certificate like my original plan, then once I'm finally done all that move back to Vancouver and attempt to find a job.

3. What does the future hold?

If I don't end up passing those math classes, what am I going to do? I can't finish my degree. So yeah, basically my life is dependent on those math classes right now, yay!

---------

Those lines represent a change of topic. So it was Black Friday, I wanted to buy a new desktop computer to use at home so I don't have to just use my laptop because quite frankly sometimes typing on this thing kinda sucks. I tried looking for decent deals on a desktop and I guess nobody buys them anymore because out of everything and every store on sale there was like 1 desktop, and it sucked, so obviously I didn't end up buying it.

On another note, I bought a new printer which is sweet! NERD ALERT: I'm so excited, I was just randomly browsing and looking for deals when I came across this super awesome color laser printer, then I looked for related printers and suddenly I see a wide format printer by HP. I looked into it more and it prints up to 13x19... and it was only $199 in the States. So I was going to go down to Costco and buy it but then I didn't want to cross the border since it is packed with cars, I decided to look online more and see where I could order it and have it shipped to Canada. Finally found this one site that has it and will actually ship to Canada, they even have it for cheaper at $129, SCORE! Except when I tried adding it to cart it said their online store is closed until 4 hours later, so I decided to spend the next 4 hours waiting and 1 minute before the online store opened again I sat in front of my computer refreshing like crazy... yeah... who does that for a printer, i'm weird. Anyway I'm super excited about my purchase, I can't wait till it gets here, it even uses the same ink as my current printer which is a double bonus. I can't remember when I was ever this excited about a printer... I don't think anyone but me would get so excited about a printer, I have a sad life.

I also went to go buy a Christmas tree.... it was $49, from regular $150, I feel like I got a sweet deal and it actually looks pretty decent, it's pre-lit and yeah, I'm too lazy to decorate it, so whoever wants to come over and help me decorate it.. that would be really awesome. Out of pure randomness I also bought a breadmaker that was on sale for $90. It actually works pretty well, I wonder how many loafs of bread I'm going to have to make to actually make the machine worthwhile.. oh well, I've always wanted a breadmaker anyway, this was a good excuse to buy one..... so i spent $129 + $49 + $90... I don't even have a job, WTF!

Oh yeah, I also randomly bought a projector from some no-name brand that apparently might not even work... sweet. Only reason I bought it... its super cheap, it claims it has great specifications, and there's no reviews. So if it really does work well, I'm going to write a review on it and send it to one of my editors to post it on our tech blog, that should get us a good number of views..... and if it sucks, and is complete garbage, I'll probably write a review too but then I'll send it back for a refund. Speaking of which... he texted me (1 of the editors) saying we got a giveaway item from Samsung and I replied back asking what it was, when he told me it was a camera I was quite disappointed and pretty much didn't care lol, I was really hoping it would be something sweet like a galaxy s3.. #firstworldproblems.

I don't know what else to write... I'm currently listening to Falling to Pieces (She Wolf) by David Guetta feat. Sia. It's actually a really good song, I like David Guetta beats/music and I like it even more when Sia does the vocals, not really sure what the song is about though but the video is super cool and kinda sad at the same time, apparently she wolf means prostitute so yeah.. no clue what's going on there.

Probably going back to Calgary for Christmas, I'm pretty excited for that, finally get to see my friends and parents that I haven't seen for ~4 months now. I wonder if it's just me, but sometimes I can be surrounded by a lot of people but still feel pretty alone, especially here, don't know why. Oh well, it'll be good to catch up with some really good/old friends when I get back. I won't have to spend Christmas alone! woohoo! It is now 3:16 am as I conclude this post.

Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment