Wednesday, December 5, 2012

LIVE for Today.

Yeah, pretty lame and cliche but I think it's a good life motto. Along with living with no regrets. I have so many life mottos I think I'm going to lose track.

---

That was the most random and weird intro ever. So anyway, it was my birthday yesterday and it was really different, mainly because I've never had a birthday where my parents weren't there. It was good though, I had a lot of fun and what I consider to be some of my closest friends since moving here came over to my apartment and we played board games, ate, all the usual stuff. Two insane things happened though which I definitely did NOT expect. First, these guys all frigging chipped in to buy me a monitor that I had said I wanted to get for a while now, this was like single handedly the best present I've ever gotten. I normally don't care about presents because well, I just don't, but when I opened this thing (which was wrapped with probably a week's worth of Chinese newspapers) which by the way was pretty funny and not gonna lie I had a ton of fun ripping tearing it apart. Anyway, when I opened it I legit had to try soo hard to hold back my emotions, I'm not really sure why, I guess I just didn't expect these people that I've only known for 3 months to do so much. Other than feeling super embarrassed after the fact it was definitely one of those experiences I will remember for the rest of my life. I can't even put into words how grateful I was.

Second, okay I'm really not sure who reads this blog, I really hope nobody does but if you've known me for a number of years, you know that I am like a kid at heart, scratch that, I AM a kid at heart, I usually don't act my age unless I have to. So after opening the present, cutting the cake, all that lame stuff (jk the cake was good) some people had to start leaving, and then as I was getting ready to open the door for them one of my friends say "WAIT there's mango pudding". At this point I was pretty much already acting like a 6 year old because of the things that happened earlier so when I heard that I pretty much flipped out, yeah, mango eff'ing pudding! The last time I had hand made mango pudding? NEVER! I always just get it when I go eat lunch with my parents at Chinese dim sum restaurants only to have the person that hands it to me give me a really dirty look as in (you're clearly not less than 10 years old, why are you ordering this) to which I death glare them and take it (with a bit of force) out of their hands and proceed to start eating it like I'm in heaven. But yeah, that mango pudding was so good, unbelievable. I wish I could make desserts like that, actually I'd rather be able to make desserts than cook regular food because cooking regular food is literally just like following a recipe and that's it, but making dessert that tastes good actually requires some talent/skill. I tried to make mango pudding once, let's just say it failed and we had to throw it away, it was that bad. So yeah, the person that made it, thank yooooooooooou like, seriously. And if someone is reading this and thinking "wth it's just mango pudding" then I'm sorry but you have no idea, it's not "just" mango pudding, it's like my childhood. It's like if someone brought Doraemon to life, I'd probably die instantly from happiness.

---

This is a long post because quite frankly I have nothing better to do right now. I'm watching guitar playing tutorials on YouTube which is kind of a tease because I can't even play right now, why does my roommate have to sleep so early =(

I feel so unproductive today because I was going to study for one of my final exams but I never bothered doing it as I was extremely tired, so after going to a meeting at school in the morning (to which I had absolutely zero motivation to be there, in fact I had negative motivation to be there if that's even possible) I went to purolator to go pick up the stuff I ordered on Black Friday. The projector is garbage so I'm returning it. The printer is so freaking big I just left it in my car, I should probably go get it after I finish writing this post so nobody breaks in to steal it. After picking the stuff up I just went to bed and had a really good 4ish hour nap, I haven't had sleep this week, and definitely haven't had a nap in a really long time, so as crappy as naps make me feel shortly after I take them, I feel a lot more energized right now and hopefully I can sleep at a decent time tonight to do some studying tomorrow.

Last random note, I got an email saying that Jawbone UP 2.0 has finally been released again, so I'm going to try and find that and buy it with the money my parents gave me for my birthday. If you don't know what it is, check this out. It's basically a bracelet that tracks your motion, physical activities and sleeping habits. Then it builds a report and recommendation and stuff to help you determine what you need to do more of. The best part (which is the major reason I want this) is it claims to help you feel more energized by only waking you up at the time that would make you feel most energized. And also it'd be cool to see how much more physical activity I should really be doing. Really, it's like having a personal trainer with you 24 hours a day. Kinda cool.

But yeah, I think I'm going to practice stretching my fingers now for guitar and watch more youtube tutorials.


1 comment:

  1. LOL at the entire mango pudding section. Awe, glad you enjoyed your birthday.

    I love how you blog. You write as if you're talking. I can just imagine you saying this all to me in real life. nice

    ReplyDelete